Hello Chapter members, we have had a few events and outings over the past few months and it has been great to see everyone in person! We want to sincerely thank everyone who made it out to the Jim Hickey Memorial Golf outing and Shoot for Scholars event. We we’re impressed by the number of participants during these unprecedented times. Without your participation these annual fund-raisers would not have been possible and you all helped to make each event a success!
We will be scheduling some more in-person events as well as a couple virtual events so keep an eye out for these invites. If you have any specific requests for topics, please let one of the Board members know.
It has been a crazy year with everything we have been working through related to COViD and I hope you are staying safe and managing well.
New Board Members
Jim Johnson, LEED AP
IFMA VP of Membership
- IFMA member for many years in various cities (LA, Chicago, WM)
- Currently lead business development/client relations for Granger Construction focused primarily on W.MI market
- Spent approx. 30 years in the Contract Office Furniture industry (Haworth, Herman Miller, Steelcase, etc.) and 3 years with GMBae (architects/engineers) prior to joining Granger in current role at the beginning of 2018
- Have volunteered on the IFMA-WM Golf Outing committee for the last several years
- Hobbies include motorcycling, boating, shooting, investments
- Have 3 successful daughters – 2 are living/working in Chicago and one who just moved back to Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Oakland University, (Rochester, MI) B.S. Degree in Management w/Concentration in Finance
IFMA VP of Communication
- Originally from Port Huron, Michigan.
- Got into the construction industry right out of college 4 years ago.
- Enjoys volunteering at Kid’s Food Basket
- Hobbies include camping, backpacking, homebrewing, and cooking.
- Western Michigan University graduate, B.S. Sociology
New Professional/ Associate Members
Jon Ackley-Jelinek with the City of Grand Rapids
Christopher DenHerder with E3M Solutions
David Gehrls with Johnson Controls
Leif Hoezee with Ferris State University
Michael Joseph Lawrence with Amway
Sean Lockwood with Interphase Interiors
Mark Robinson with Natural Choice Foods
Steve Wojton with MacLellan HVAC & Mechanical
We look forward to seeing some new faces at the meetings!
We are working hard to put together meeting topics that are pertinent to your daily duties, and interests. The easiest way to stay up to date on events is to text IFMA to 31996. This will enroll you into SlickText notifications. If you have any ideas on meeting topics or would be interested in hosting a meeting at your office, reach out to a board member!
Tired of digging through emails or waiting for newsletters to track upcoming events? Subscribe to SlickText today for notifications by texting IFMA to 31996.
Congratulations to this year’s Kathy Pruden Scholarship winner, Alex Loeffler.